Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Judas Iscariot



Where were you when I betrayed my Lord
And denied my promised reward?
Where were you when I first accepted salvation
And abandoned all my resignation
     To recognize my Lord as the Messiah?

Did you hear that the Messiah would appear
with a massive legion of angels by his side
to free God’s people from tyranny and fear?
Where were his legions as He was tried?
     I saw no legions around the Messiah…

Did you hear that the Messiah would be
Betrayed by someone close to his heart?
Can you not say that I alone understood the prophecy
That one must deceive Him and fulfill that part?
     Have I not served my role in the prescience
          Of the Messiah?

Have I not fulfilled His wish to deny
The fate awaiting the anointed one?
How could I ever stand to belie
The divination of the Son,
     As the crucified Messiah…

Can you say it was not my Lord’s intention?
AM I NOT justified in my frustration at what he Has done
By accepting the crown in His ascension
And welcoming the eternal badge of martyrdom?
     Where were you when I accepted my Messiah?
(c) Relinda Ruth and Michael Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment